Market Insights Manager
The Market Insights Manager is responsible for supporting Hunter’s corporate strategy, sales, marketing, and product development efforts by leveraging public and syndicated reports and information and managing Hunter’s custom research efforts.
- Drive insight programs and analysis to support sales, marketing, and product development with consumer insight-led recommendations.
- Assist Product Management by providing insights and recommendations to optimize new product introductions, price and promotional mix by analyzing marketing and customer data.
- Lead and conduct market research, competitor analysis, consumer insight and marketing analysis and socialize them through reports, presentations, and other communications tools.
- Bring together data from custom research, POS data, syndicated reports, government provided data, and other sources of market information to support business decisions.
- Condense multiple data points into clear, insightful learnings, insights, and implications.
- Be the voice of the market and consumer in key market trends and changes.
- Present findings clearly and concisely to peer teams and senior management.
- Develop, publish, and socialize routine and ad hoc insights reports to provide actionable market and consumer insights, including summaries of all custom research.
- Support and help quantify the ROI on sales and marketing programs.
- Develop an all-around knowledge of the consumer, industrial, and commercial ceiling fan and durable home product markets in the US and key international markets.
- Produce monthly reports to bring key market insights to life.
- Develop and maintain a centralized, well organized, and easily accessible storage area for consumer insight studies, reports, and market information.
- Monitor and report on market metrics and conditions that impact assumptions and conditions for Hunter’s strategic plan.
- BA required, MBA preferred
- 5-7 + years of broad market insights experience with some experience in the areas outlined above
- Experience managing outside vendors preferred
- Strong character – able to push through obstacles and setbacks to persevere and achieve goals
- Smart – able to think things through and find unique ways to add value
- Influence – able to lead and influence others on the team or on cross functional team
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills; able to work across functions
- Highly organized with strong time management and meeting deadline skills
- Strong analytical and KPI development capabilities
- Good presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Must be results oriented, innovative and creative
- Must be curious – have a desire to understand ‘why’ and dig into the data
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite with particular strengths in PowerPoint and Excel
About Hunter Fan
Hunter Fan Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Sure, we invented the ceiling fan—but every day, we find new ways to perfect it. That’s our challenge and our passion. Why? Because a ceiling fan is something special. It’s more than a mere appliance or fixture—it’s a piece of fine furniture that’s also incredibly functional. What other home furnishing can maximize comfort, energy efficiency and aesthetics in every room?
Because we design and engineer our fans right here in Memphis, we’re able to stay at the forefront of the industry, incorporating the very latest trends and technologies into our fans, then rigorously testing them beyond established standards to ensure a lifetime of whisper-quiet performance.