How to Select the Right Thermostat
We make it easy to choose a thermostat that fits your heating and cooling system as well as your lifestyle—because saving you money and saving energy is just part of what we do as the leader in cleaning, circulating, and conditioning the air in your home.
1. IDENTIFY YOUR HEATING/COOLING SYSTEM
- Central Heat or Central Heat & Air: Most common. 24V gas/oil, hot water, or electric furnace heating/cooling or heat only systems
- Heat Pump: Utilizes the compressor for both heat and cool. Most employ a second or even third stage auxiliary heat utilizing electric strip heat or a gas or oil furnace.
- Electric Baseboard: Electric strip heaters or line voltage baseboard heating systems.
- Floor/Wall Furnace: Millivolt or 24V heating systems
2. CHOOSE THE TYPE OF THERMOSTAT YOU WANT
Hunter Programmable Thermostats
Hunter Programmable Thermostats optimize the use of your home heating and cooling system by adjusting the set temperature throughout the day. They sense the temperature electronically for maximum accuracy and can deliver up to 33% savings* on heating and cooling costs! Hunter Digital Thermostats
Hunter Digital Thermostats sense the temperature electronically, for more accurate climate control. Hunter Mechanical Thermostats
Hunter Mechanical Thermostats replace most mechanical 24-volt and millivolt thermostats and bring Hunter quality home. Wireless Zone Sensor
Hunter Comfort$aver with RoomControl(TM) is a programmable thermostat with wireless remote sensors that monitor the temperature in several rooms. So, you can set the thermostat to function based on the temperature in a particular room.
3. SELECT A PROGRAMMING OPTION AND OTHER FEATURES TO FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE
- 5 + 2 Day: Set weekdays to one schedule, weekends to another - 4 programs per day. Ideal for anyone with a Monday-Friday schedule
- 5 + 1 + 1 Day: Set weekdays to one schedule, Saturday/Sunday individually - 4 programs per day.
- 7 Day: Set your weekdays, weekends or each individual day to your schedule - 4 programs per day.